Friday, February 13, 2009

Ear Infection. Check. Toe Infection. Check.

It seems like we made rare trips to the doctor when Noah was smaller. Now that we have Noah and Ethan, it seems like we frequent the doctor's office. Noah had a hang nail on his big toe a week ago. He took it upon himself to rip it off and tell us about it later. We noticed his toe looked red, but it was also peeling from his dry skin, so we assumed that was why. Were we ever wrong. I am refraining from posting the pictures of his infected pre-docotered toe. It was really gross. However, after cleaning it out with hydrogen peroxide, applying Polysporin (which, by the way, is fabulous. You can use it for everything!) and 2 trips to the doctor and a round of Omnicef, it is well on it's way to recovery.


However, Ethan has not acted like he felt well the past couple of days. He had an ear infection 1 1/2 weeks ago, so when he woke up very early this morning and very fussy, we headed to the doctor's office first thing. He still has an ear infection. I shouldn't complain, I know. This is only his first, but it is a bad one! He got more Omnicef, musinex to clean out his chest-he has coughed all week-a humidifier for his room and I thought he was on his way to recovery. However, his fever reached 103.3 this afternoon. I totally freaked. After a cold bath, ibuprofren and another nap, his fever is now 99. And he seems to feel much better tonight. Thank goodness.


So, maybe Valentine's Day will bring us a much calmer day. Hopefully, no week end doctor's visits and no fever.


Here are all of the medicines for the boys. Yes. There are 3 bottles of Omnicef. One is left over from ear infection 1 1/2 weeks ago. One for ear infection this week. One for toe infection this week.




The Tylenol was for mommy.


2 comments:

The Noltes said...

I just hate it when kids are sick!
Worst time for a parent, I know.

Isn't it crazy how a little toe nail can cause such problems!
Good luck with Ethan's infection-- finish all antibiotics! and I hope he doesn't need more.

Self-medicate, Mommy! Good Plan!
love, Susan

Anonymous said...

Polysporin.....Taylor has to use this for her nose to keep it from bleeding all time...I did not anything about the toe infection!