I cannot believe I am typing these words..."Happy 1st Birthday, Ethan!" Has it been a year already? This celebration is bittersweet...I am happy for your first year of life, yet sad for a year closer to you being grown. After reading a post on a good friend's blog this morning, I cannot help but reflect on my own feelings of my children growing up. I have had a difficult time with Noah going to preschool because I constantly wonder about the influence others are having on my child...as well as the influence he has on others. What is he doing...what is he saying...what is he being taught...are the children and teachers being nice to him...is he being nice to the children and teachers? I think of these things constantly and even have his schedule posted next to my computer screen, so I can know hour-by-hour what my child is doing. I worry about the things I know both Noah and Ethan are going to have to go through as they grow up and it absolutely positively terrifies me! So, yes, I am glad Ethan has turned 1, but I am also sad that this year has flown by so quickly. My infant has turned in to a toddler...walking more than he is crawling. Following his big brother everywhere. It melts my heart to see the look on Ethan's face and the GLEE he shows by thrusting his whole body towards Noah first thing in the morning, and then after both naps. The bond these two have already amazes me. The fact that they play with each other and have fun amazes me. The phrase "monkey see, monkey do" comes to mind every time Noah hollers his high pitched squeal just to hear Ethan follow 2 seconds later with a high pitched squeal of his own...followed by a fit of giggles...and over and over they go! I love it.
So...happy birthday Ethan! I love you so much!
2 comments:
It is amazing the bond that your two boys will have - mine love (and sometimes hate) each other - but Barrett thinks Carson hung the moon - and the brotherly bond that has formed with mine (and will form with yours) will never be broken. And you know they look up to their daddy, but they will always be our little babies!!! Your boys are just toooo cute!!!
What a cutie pie!
Can't believe your baby boy is one already, Cameron!
May you have the grace to teach your boys well; hand in hand with their Dad; Strive to make them independent and considerate young men! You can't go wrong!
love, Susan
Post a Comment