Monday, September 14, 2009

War Wounds and Such...

Tuesday night I was in Jackson. I had my cell phone on vibrate. Timmy tried to call 10 times. My friend Heather had my phone and finally realized it was vibrating. I was talking to ladies about jewelry and Heather excused me to the front porch and told me I needed to call Timmy. I knew something was wrong. Needless to say, while running from the bath tub, Ethan ran smack into the door facing and a knot swelled up the size of a softball on his forehead! I was up most of the night watching him and making sure he was alright. He was fine. However, his face is not. Two days later, his eyes started turning black. We took him to the clinic and Rick said he is fine, but that he will look worse before he gets better. Worse? Can he possibly look worse than this????!!! I asked Rick if he needed to get his camera out to document for Ethan's chart before he called Protective Services. I honestly feel people staring at us when we are in public.

So, that is the drama for our week! Isn't it terrible??!!! I cannot believe my almost-2-year-old has a knot the size of Montana and 2 black eyes!

Okay, moving on. We took the boys to a football game here Friday night. We had a great time! The air-vac helicopter landed mid-field, and some friends of ours' daughter sang 'God Bless America' in remembrance of 9/11. The boys thought the helicopter was great! They both enjoyed the game and we got through all 4 quarters without one fit/meltdown/incident!

Timmy surprised me this week end and mulched the flower beds. I surprised him with Tennessee/Memphis State football tickets for the week end of November 6. We then surprised Poppa and Nanna by asking them to come spend the week end at our house while we are in Knoxville so they can take the boys to Fall Festival at Noah's school. Poppa then suprised all of us by agreeing to do so!!!!!

We have also decided this week end to go with Joy and the rest of Timmy's family to Gulf Shores for fall break. We were not going to go, but Joy really wanted us to this year, so we are working on reservations. I cannot believe we are going to the beach again...and I am looking forward to seeing the ocean!

Okay, I think I have updated everyone on what has been going on with our little family this week! Hope everyone is staying well...I have never seen so much flu and strep throat!!!!

3 comments:

The Dukes said...

I love the "surprise" paragraph!! You brought a HUGE smile to my face after I was almost crying looking at poor Ethan. OUCH!

The Noltes said...

Ethan (and his parents) just need to say to those that stare "You oughta see the other kid." But we all know he's too little for fisticuffs (and too cute)! That Poppa--he's always been big on surprises!!

By the way, this is Don pinch hitting for Susan while she's computerless (in case you couldn't tell).

Anonymous said...

So you guys are going to gulf shores Good Lord the whole church will be gone to the beach...........23 folks, WOW!!!