A little bit of this:
Ethan's specialist appointment was Thursday. I was a little nervous about showing the nutritionist his 3-day food log (I have to take this every visit, so they know the amount of calories/protein, etc. to compare to his lab work) but Dr. Walker said it looks like that of a typical 2-year old. 2 year old!!!!!!!!!?????????? I can NOT believe he will turn 2 Friday!!!! I will continue, before this post turns depressing...
Dr. Ward talked to us more about doing enzyme testing on Ethan. She has found a laboratory in San Diego, CA that will run the tests for us. This will determine exactly what foods Ethan can and cannot eat, without us having to monitor his blood levels every few months. This will also tell us if it is okay for the doctors to lift the last food restriction that Ethan has: meat. All we have to do is go to the lab at Jackson General Hospital and they will take 7-10 mL of blood from Ethan. They will also have to have a "control" to compare the enzyme-activity too. They prefer it to not be someone 'blood-related' to Ethan. That is where Nanna comes in. As bad as she hates blood, she was more-than-willing to go with us and get labs run, as well! Dr. Ward and Dr. Walker are working on the date for us to have this done, and then it will be 3-4 weeks before we will know what the results are. I will keep everyone updated!
It has rained here all week and we FINALLY had sunshine this afternoon. Noah, Ethan and Max were glad to get out in the yard to play for a couple of hours! Also, Noah and I went to the library this morning and had a great time! 11 books and 2 movies later, we were ready to go! Did you know that they will let you check out cake pans and other cool stuff like that?
I guess that is all for now! Hope everyone is having a great fall!
5 comments:
I would have given my blood!!
Hi Cameron,
It has been a busy time in Tennessee! Ethan is looking great as he recovers from his tackle of the door frame. I can't believe he will be 2!
Good luck with the blood tests! You are brave, Nana ;-)
love, Susan
I would have given my blood as well.
BTW, that picture with Timmy bowling surprised me for a bit at least when I first looked at it. It looks like he has a Mohawk with the plant in the background.
Tell him I said he needs to grow a Mohawk. Just once. lol
hahahahahahah I didn't even notice the greenery on Timmy's head! Too funny!!!
I thought the exact same thing about the mohawk!!
Yes, tell Nanna good luck!
Post a Comment