So, I have a funny story to tell...Tuesday night Noah asked me when the last time I saw a snake was...I told him about 23 years ago in Grandma's barn. My dad has traumatized me with snakes because the only time I have ever seen one alive was when he took me to see one sitting on a bird's nest in my Grandma's barn, waiting for the chicks to hatch! He then proceeded to shoot at it several times with his pistol, which was even more traumatic! He says my screams were throwing his shooting off! Anyway, last night, Noah came in the kitchen and said, "Momma. You have GOT to come see this!" I really thought that Ethan had created some fabulous art-work on one of the walls. Noah led me to my room and pointed out the window. There it was. Wrapped around the chain on my glider swing on the back porch: a green snake! Yes! I am getting creeped out just thinking about it! I screamed. The boys laughed. I screamed again. The boys laughed again. They were glued to the window. Before it was all said and done, I had called Timmy-who conveniently was not home (What are the chances? Once in 23 years of me NOT seeing a snake and he is not home), Kelly, for her husband Tim to come get it and my neighbor. My neighbors (admittedly the husband was not at home so the wife and her child came over with a hoe and rake), Tim, in his police car and wearing his police uniform of course! all came to rescue me during my time of extreme hysterics! It was a baby garden snake, but still. I was FLIPPING out do you hear me? FLIPPING OUT.
Enough of that...we have been doing nothing but working, playing, eating and yard work! Exciting! Nanna is coming to hang out with us tomorrow!
Here is me with Noah wearing his tupperware:

Ethan running from me while wearing his Tupperware:

The boys regular nightly dance party/car playing:

Another pose:
Hope everyone is having a great week! That's all we've got for now!
2 comments:
Thank you for NOT putting a photo of that snake or any other on this blog!
This will help prevent nightmares for me in the next few nights!!
Remind me to tell you about the snake we found in our first house one Sunday morning when we were getting ready for church! Yikes!
I still get freaked out just thinking about it!
Good story! I can just see those boys watching that creature through the window!
Where do you get Noah's jammie pants? I love them!!
Love dance parties, too.
Post a Comment