Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm Back...Finally!

Whew! Things have been extra-crazy around the Burks house the past couple of weeks and I have not gotten on here to do any posts! So, be ready for a lengthy update...this post will be all over the place!

First and foremost, thank you all for your prayers for Laura, Wes and the rest of my family the past several weeks. Laura is doing great and getting back in the swing of things. The only thing I can think of when I think of Laura is summed up in one word : Hero.

A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. ~Christopher Reeve


David and Trina are parents for the 3rd time, as of 7:45 CST this morning! Daniel Mathis Stark was born and weighed in at a hefty 8 pounds 5 ounces and is 19.5 inches long! I will post pics after I go visit on Saturday! Mom and baby are doing well! Poppa and Nanna are there now, staying with Ava and Bella.

We are finally getting in to the swing of things with Noah being in full-time Kindergarten...I had my very first P.T.O. meeting tonight. We are currently in the middle of raising money for the P.T.O., which includes soliciting friends/family members/co-workers for $2.00 donations. Noah actually made all of the phone calls and so far, in just 1 day, has raised over $40! He is quite the little fund-raiser! He has stayed on green light every day and is already reading color words. I cannot believe it! We have to keep a log of all the books we read, so we are going to be needing losts of extras!

I came home Saturday night, and found out that Timmy had lost his wedding ring while doing yard work. He had ridden the lawn mower all over the yard and had absolutely no idea where he lost it....he borrowed a metal detector and well, the pictures explain for themselves!

Starting the hunting process...
Yes...he had Noah listening for the 'beeps'...
What? I think Noah found something!

Whew! Thank goodness!

4 comments:

The Dukes said...

Glad you're back! Congratulations on your new nephew. We can't wait to see pictures on the Stark Raving Mad blog!

Noah is a kindergarten superstar. If he wants to make a list at the end of the year of tips that all kindergarteners should know, we'll take it!

The Noltes said...

My $2 are in the mail!
The library just may be added to the list of errands each week to get lots of books for Noah!
Great job staying on 'Green', Noah!

Congratulations Aunt Cameron! We are happy to hear of a new Mathis and Stark!

We have been thinking of Laura and Wes and hoping they are doing okay.

Yeah for Timmy and Noah finding a most precious keepsake! Good Job, guys!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to complain again but I can't read your post because it is on the dark red background. Maybe daddy can help me highlight it and we can read it.
Love to you all, Nanna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for changing the background. A very good post. Do you think Timmy was trying to tell you something by losing his ring? I think he is really lucky that he found it. Hugs to the boys.
Love, Nanna