Something is wrong with my blogger picture uploader, so I will just write. This year is already flying by! So many things have happened over the past few months and thankfully this year is already proving to be year full of healing and good medical reports! Aunt Becky is getting better every day and will hopefully be home soon! Mother has her LAST chemo treatment in a couple of weeks and I cannot wait for that to be over with! The Mathis girls are fighters! My mom sure is something! I am so proud of her. And even more thankful that she chose me to be her daughter!
This week our town has experienced a 13 year old girl taking her life due to bullying. The facts have not all surfaced, but from my understanding, the majority of this bullying was done over the internet. Which leads me to wonder...when is the appropriate age for a child to have access to the internet? Whether it is done on a personal computer, or by a phone. Which leads me to wonder...when is the appropriate age for a child to have a phone that has access to the internet? I don't know that I will ever be comfortable letting the boys have private access to the internet without Timmy or I being around. It terrifies me to think of all of the ways for people to get through to my children. Timmy and I have talked to the boys for as long as I can remember about how it is never okay to laugh or tease or ignore someone for any reason. Not their weight, height, physical and athletic abilities, race, accent, etc. I sure hope and pray that they will always remember that and do the right thing. This parenting stuff is hard!!!
With all of that being said, we will be having family game/movie night! With the rainy weather, I really cannot think of anything else I would rather do! Hope all is well with each of you and yours! Much love! C
3 comments:
I hear ya, chick!!!! LB has asked so many times for a facebook account or this and that. I just can't do it! They are allowed to get on the computer but we do watch it. It is a scary world out there! I am so glad I have people like you who will be right there with me while we do this parenting thing!
I sure will! Love those kids and their momma! :)
Love you too!! Glad you are back to blogging! I love seeing yours pop up on my side bar!!!!!
Post a Comment